PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Pawlo Humeniuk - King Of The Ukrainian Fiddlers (1993)

Darkman
20.09.2007, 21:21
Выловил в осле.. (вроде что то редкое))) :)
Какой то "вертуоза" .. Король Украинской скрипки
В осле было написано - "Yiddish Ukrainain Fiddler"....
Хоть он и исполняет Yiddish вещи временами.. - всё же не уверен.. :)

Pawlo Humeniuk - King of the Ukrainian Fiddlers (11 songs from this album, includes old photo inside)

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/513QXEKM70L._SS500_.jpg

Исполнитель: Pawlo Humeniuk
Альбом: 11 песен из альбома: "Pawlo Humeniuk - King of the Ukrainian Fiddlers (New York 1925-1927 The Early Years)"
Год выпуска: ?? (on CD 1993)
Формат: mp3
Качество: 64 (но чисто шоб слухать)))
Размер: 17 mb
От: Найдено в сети интернета

Содержание:

Chrestyny (Christening), Part 1
Czaban (The Shepherd)
Do Poczajewa Na Widpust (Pilgrimage To Pochayiv)
I Ia Toe Divcha Liubliu (I Love This Girl)
Iak Zachuiu Kolomyiku (When I Hear The Kolomyika)
Na Wesiliu Pid Chatoju (Wedding Under The Eaves)
Oj Kozacze Bilousyj (White-Mustached Cossack)
Oj Pidu Ja Szicher Wicher (Yiddish Dance Tune)
Tanec Pid Werbamy (Dance Under The Willows)
Ukrainske Wesilia (Ukranian Wedding), Part 2
Wals Bandura (Bandura Waltz)

Полное содержание этого альбома.. и кое какая ещё инфа о нём .. вот тут .... @ Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/King-Ukrainian-Fiddlers-Pawlo-Humeniuk/dp/B0000023TU)

Ссылкa: мульти-зеркала :D

[*** Скрытый текст ***]

P.S. Качайте на здоровье .. и наслаждайтесь :)

Pawlo Humeniuk (c. 1884 – January 24, 1965) was a Ukrainian-American fiddler from the early 20th century, one of the biggest stars of the era's ethnic music. He was born in Pidvolochyska, a village in the western area of Ukraine, and moved to the US in about 1902. He performed at various celebrations, such as weddings, in New York.

Humeniuk was signed to Okeh Records in 1925, and began recording on December 3 of that year. His early records sold well, and included kolomyjkas, kozachoks and polkas. He was the undisputed king of Ukrainian-American popular music, until Columbia Records began promoting Ewgen Zukowsky. The two occasionally worked together, such as on "Ukrainske Wesilia", which is said to have sold more than 100,000 copies (though reliable records are not available from this era).

Ukrainian orchestra from 1909, Humeniuk at bottom left ( на photo что внизу этого поста.. которая также в скаченном архиве )

After 1926, Humeniuk began recording traditional Polish music under the name Pawel Humeniak. His influence in this field is important, as he helped developed the genre of American polka and inspired future bandleaders like Edward Krolikowski and Ignacy Podgorski. His 1928 "Kanarek" was the best-selling polka in the era, and set the standard for eastern style polka.

Humeniuk's last recording came in 1936.

( Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawlo_Humeniuk )

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Ukrainian_orchestra.jpg

Darkman
01.08.2008, 08:20
от / from hrempe... & skylamb (thanks! / спасибо!)

а вот этот же альбом .. только ЦЕЛИКОМ!
...и одновременно в 192 kbps! (выше было только несколько композиций .. и в 64 kbps) :)
Отличный скрипач!

Pawlo Humeniuk
King Of The Ukrainian Fiddlers
rec. 1925-1927
Arhoolie, ARH 7025, 1993

http://i38.tinypic.com/1z5p1j8.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Oi Ia Sobi Kozak Lepkii (I'm A Good Looking Cossack) (2:54)
02. I Ia Toe Divcha Liubliu (I L.. (1:36)
03. Iak Zachuiu Kolomyiku (When I Hear the Kolomyika) (2:59)
04. Ukrainske Wesilia - Part 1 (Ukrainian Wedding) (4:11)
05. Ukrainske Wesilia - Part 2 (Ukrainian Wedding) (3:51)
06. Winkopletyny (Garland Weaving Ceremony) (3:19)
07. Zaruczyny (Engagement Celebration) (3:10)
08. Poprawiny - Part 1 (Party After the Wedding) (3:04)
09. Poprawiny - Part 2 (Party After the Wedding) (3:23)
10. Czaban (The Shepherd) (3:18)
11. Hutzulka (Hutsul Dance) (3:13)
12. Hraj, Abo Hroszi Widdaj (Play, or Give Back the Money) (3:33)
13. Tanec Pid Werbamy (Dance Under the Willows) (3:23)
14. Oj Kozacze Bilousyj (White-Mustached Cossack) (3:27)
15. Na Wesiliu, Pry Weczeri (At the Wedding Dinner) (3:39)
16. Chrestyny - Part 1 (Christening) (3:13)
17. Chrestyny - Part 2 (Christening) (4:01)
18. Oj Pidu Ja Szicher Wicher (Yiddish Dance Tune) (3:12)
19. Oj Tam Za Lisom (Beyond The Forest) (3:36)
20. Na Wesiliu Pid Chatoju (Wedding Under the Eaves) (3:03)
21. Wals Bandura (Bandura Waltz) (3:10)
22. Do Poczajewa Na Widpust (Pilgrimage to Pochayiv) (3:10)
23. Dumka Y Kolomyika (Dumka and Kolomyika) (3:11)

Size: 104 MB

Playing time: 75:51

A good account on Pawlo Humeniuk, his life and his music, was given by Richard Spottswood in one of his articles (http://www.mustrad.org.uk/articles/humeniuk.htm). Needless for me to chatter.

mp3 files, 192kb/s

Ссылка / Link: :D
[*** Скрытый текст ***]

Pawlo Humeniuk was one of the major fiddlers of his time. These recordings, made between 1925 and 1927, reflect Ukrainian village life with skits, kolomyikas and dance tunes that commemorate wedding and wedding-related activities.

“For collectors of authentic ethnic fiddling, another country heard from. Humeniuk, an energetic and accomplished fiddler, is well backed on these 23 tracks by trombone, clarinet, piano, lyra, accordion, cymbal (a rustically tuned hammered dulcimer), string bass, bandura, and lots more.

The tunes shake down into major-key tunes,which often wheeze and oom-pah with Teutonic complacency, and minor/modal tunes, reminiscent of the klezmer bands once popular throughout the Ukraine. In fact the notes point out that one cut here, `Oh, Pidu Ja SzicherWicher,' is also known as `Reb Duvid's Nign.' They state: `this widely known old-time Yiddish dance tune can also be heard on early Polish and Swedish recordings.' ... The most amusing portion of this recording is its series of skits: Ukrainian Wedding, Garland Weaving Ceremony, Party After the Wedding . These 78s dramatized old world celebrations, complete with toasts, tears, jokes, and music. Humeniuk and instrumentalists backed comic actor Ewgen Zukowsky and `superbly cracked-voice singer' Nasza Roza Kresnowska. A sample routine The Christening: `The curtains open with a discussion by the god-parents on the merits of cooking with chicken or pike. Church bells summon them to the baptism as they argue over naming the baby boy: Father prefers Ivan, while Mother insists on Hryts.' While Ewgen has a bit too much fervor to be a George Burns, dear Nasza is a ringer for Gracie Allen and cracks me up though I understand not a word of Ukrainian.

Arhoolie's Chris Strachwitz delights in the backwoods and back-alleys music of unassimilated rural and urban ethnic communities. The classic Arhoolie sound is gnarled and eccentric, full of energy, revelling in rhythmic, melodic, and harmonic anomalies. Turn to Arhoolie for a consoling and inspiring reminder that the world was not always suave and homogenous.”

(Jane Peppler — Sing Out!)

----------

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/9128/phmkuf.jpg

----