Главная Форум Регистрация Поиск Сообщения за день Все разделы прочитаны Календарь Правила форума Наше радио

Вернуться   Музыкальный Огонек > МУЗЫКАЛЬНАЯ ПЛАНЕТА > Еврейское местечко > Еврейская музыка (Yiddish, Klezmer и т.д.) > Сборники

Улыбнитесь
Сказка: Жили-были дедушка и бабушка. И была у них курочка Ряба. И снесла курочка яичко, не простое - а золотое... Дедушка удивился. Бабушка тоже удивилась. А петушок не удивился. Он пошел и индюку морду набил.

Ответ

Опции темы
Старый 25.07.2008, 21:25   #1
Darkman
Любознательный

Последний визит: 19.08.2023
Поблагодарил(а): 7,272

From Avenue A to the Great White Way (Yiddish & American Popular Songs from 1914-1950)

Сила! (.. и звучит чисто!) / Great stuff! (... and sounds clean!)

Рекомендую! / Strongly recommend to everyone!

Найдено в сети / found on the net...

From Avenue A to the Great White Way (Yiddish & American Popular Songs from 1914-1950), 2CD
Various Artists

# Audio CD (April 30, 2002)
# Number of Discs: 2
# Format: Original recording remastered
# Label: Sony

MP3 / 192 kbps

Tracklist:

Disc 1
01. Voyl Iz Der Mammen (Mother Is Good) - Alxeander Olshanetsky & His Orchestra
02. In Shtedtele Nikolayev (In The Town Of Nikolayev) - David Medoff
03. Ihr Megt Gleybn Oder Neyn (You Can Believe It Or Not) - Molly Picon
04. V'Hakohanim (The High Priest) - Yoselle Rosenblatt
05. Huliet, Huliet Kinderlach (Play, Play Little Children) - Abe Moskowitz
06. Whoopee - Peisachke Burstein
07. Inzer Rebin's Vunder (Our Rabbi's Wonder) - Dora Bowshower
08. A Brief Finem Chosid Tsum Rebin (A Letter from a Hasid to His Rabbi) - Master Seymour Rechtzeit
09. Sha, Sha Der Rebi Geht (Shh, Shh, The Rabbi's Coming) - Morris Goldstein
10. Vu Zenen Meine Zieben Gute Yohr? (Where Are My Seven Good Years?) - Nellie Casman
11. Gevald! Die Bananas (Help! The Bananas!) - David Medoff
12. Hot Dogs - Molly Picon
13. Dos Yiddel Fun Der South (The Jew from the South) - Irving Grossman
14. Dem Pastuchel's Chulem (The Shepherd's Dream) - Abe Schwartz
15. Gevalt! Di Nerven (Help! My Nerves) - Jacob Zanger
16. Mayer! - Annie Lubin
17. Mit 40 Yohr Tzurick (40 Years Ago) - Menashe Skulnik
18. Yes Sir, Zi Iz May Kale (Yes Sir, She Is My Bride) - Peisachke Burstein
19. Vie Iz Dos Gessele (Where Is the Little Street) - Abe Moskowitz
20. Vos Gevehn Iz Nishtu (What Was Is No More) - Nellie Casman
21. Beigelach (Rolls) - Peisechke Burstein
22. Who'll Buy My Bublitchki? - Emery Deutsch
23. Zaynin Mir Chasidimlach (We Are Hasidim) - Jewish Art Quartet
24. Bei Mir Bist Du Schon (To Me You Are So Beautiful) - Belle Baker
25. Roumania, Roumania - Aaron Lebedeff

Disc 2
01. What Am I Gonna Do? - Irving Berlin
02. I Don't Know Whether to Do It or Not - Fanny Brice
03. Palesteena - Eddie Cantor
04. Rose of the Volga - Sophie Tucker
05. Tomorrow Is Another Day - Al Jolson
06. Horray for Baby and Me - Al Jolson
07. That's Yiddisha Jazz - Julian Rose
08. The Sheik of Avenue B - Frank Crumit
09. When Nathan Was Married to Rose of Washington Square - Willie Howard
10. Since Henry Ford Apologized to Me - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
11. Yiddisha Charleston - Nathan Glantz
12. Yosel - Nellie Casman
13. Joseph, Joseph - Russ Morgan
14. Der Shtiller Gulgar (The Quiet Bulgar) - Jewish Orchestra
15. And the Angels Sing - Mildred Bailey
16. Dem Nayer Sher (The New Sher) - Seymour Rechzeit
17. The Wedding Samba - Xavier Cugat
18. The Super-Special Picture of the Year - The Yacht Club Boys
19. Mischa-Yascha-Toscha-Sascha - The Funnyboners
20. Egytipan Ella - Ted Lewis
21. Matzoh Balls - Slim Gaillard
22. Utt-Da-Zay (That's the Way) - Cab Calloway
23. A Bee Gezindt (As Long as You're Healthy) - Mildred Bailey
24. My Little Cousin - Benny Goodman
25. Jungle Madness - Gene Krupa

Ссылки / Links: мульти-зеркала / multi-mirrors @ Sharebee...
Скрытый текст

P.S. Качайте на здоровье .. и наслаждайтесь / Enjoy!

Цитата:
Editorial Reviews:
Amazon.com

From Avenue A to the Great White Way is a two-CD set that collects 50 songs tracing the early recorded history of Jewish music in New York and the subsequent influence that music had on American popular song. Henry Sapoznik, the producer of The Yiddish Radio Project series that appeared on PBS, compiled the tracks. He's unearthed some fascinating items, including rare recordings from early stars of the Yiddish theater such as Molly Picon, a klezmer piece by Abe Schwartz, and a beautifully operatic performance from the cantor Yossele Rosenblatt. Among his most interesting finds are the previously unreleased track from 1914 of Irving Berlin singing his song "What Am I Gonna Do?" and a vocal group from 1933 known as the Funnyboners singing the obscure Gershwin tune "Mischa-Yascha-Toscha-Sascha." Sapoznik's excellent liner notes do a fine job of connecting the dots between such seemingly disparate songs as the 1928 Yiddish song "Inzer Rebin's Vunder (Our Rabbi's Wonder)" and Cab Calloway's 1939 swing tune "Utt-Da-Zay (That's the Way)." While it would have been nice to have translation of the Yiddish lyrics, that is just a minor quibble with what is a otherwise intriguing survey of long overlooked part of American musical history. --Michael Simmons, Amazon.com

-----

Customer's Review: (@ Amazon)
5.0 out of 5 stars Gevald! Di Bananas and das pernicious influence, September 8, 2002
By: Larry Mark "editor of MyJewishBooks.com" (nyc)
Darn that pernicious Jewish influence in American music. (hehe) If there was a Grammy for this category, Henry Sapoznik and his posse would receive it without question. The CD's are made to look like an old Columbia 78 RPM. The 14 page liner notes are very good; they include photos of the most famous singers, and a picture of "vaudeville" in Yiddish characters and a line outside The Grand Theater's "King Lear." They exclude the lyrics, however. After listening to the first CD three times, I was ready to move on to the second CD. Is this Himmel? You bet! Let's not forget that the Yiddish Theater of Manhattan's Second Avenue had Shakespeare and musicals while Broadway was in the dark ages of entertainment, awaiting O'Neill. Sapoznik has compiled 50 pieces from newly found vaulted stampers, including: a very sexy English and French piece by Al Jolson (Hooray Baby and Me); Julien Rose's Chicken story; a previously unissued version of "Mischa Yascha Toscha Sascha" (1933) by the Funnyboners (Gershwins and others) with apologies to Jack Benny; "Roumania Roumania" by Aaron Lebedeff (1941); "Bei Mir Bis Du Schon" by Belie Baker (1937); and "What Am I Gonna Do?" (1914) by Irving Berlin (never released before). Yoselle Rosenblatt is the soloist in "V'Hakohanim" (1916); and Molly Picon sings "Ihr Megt Gleybn Oder Neyn" in a previously unissued performance from 1933. "Yes, Sir, Zi Iz May Kale (Yes Sire She's My Bride/Baby)" is sung by Peisachke Burstein (1925). Eddie Cantor sings "Palesteena" (1920), and one wonders if there are some hidden meanings in the words. Abe Schwartz appears with his 1918 "Der Shtiller Bulgar," a current standard of every klezmer group. "Yosel," a Yiddish standard, is performed by Nellie Casman in Yiddish (1923). The same song is reprised in 1938 in "Joseph, Joseph" by Trombonist Russ Morgan and Orchestra, sung in English by Carolyn Clarke. Amazing! "Since Henry Ford Apologized To Me" by the Happiness Boys (1927) is an amazing find; the satirical song reacts to Ford and his Dearborn Press' virulent anti-Semitism. The "Yiddisha Charleston" also includes a jab at Henry Ford. Xavier Cugat and His Orchestra (in pre-Charo 1950) perform "The Wedding Samba" so well with Abbe Lane that you might as well be in Miami Beach while listening to it. Both Benny Goodman and his break-away drummer, Gene Krupa, appear in the final two cuts. But by far, my favorite cut, worth the purchase, hands down is "Whoopee" by Peisachke Burstein. Impossible to get out of one's head after one listen.

Старый 27.04.2012, 17:41   #2
kafka_1
Новичок

Последний визит: 23.11.2012
Поблагодарил(а): 436

Dead links
kafka_1 вне форумаМужчина  
Вверх
Старый 07.05.2017, 01:38   #3
Исроэл
А идишер коп

Последний визит: 10.12.2022
Поблагодарил(а): 983

Живая ссылка.
New link.

Скрытый текст
Исроэл вне форумаМужчина  
Вверх
Старый 28.08.2017, 17:20   #4
Sofija330
Пользователь

Последний визит: 06.03.2023
Поблагодарил(а): 269

Большое спасибо за такой подарок!
Sofija330 вне форумаЖенщина  
Вверх
Ответ

Навигация
Вернуться   Музыкальный Огонек > Форум > МУЗЫКАЛЬНАЯ ПЛАНЕТА > Еврейское местечко > Еврейская музыка (Yiddish, Klezmer и т.д.) > Сборники

Опции темы